- When to Call a Spider Exterminator
If you have a venomous spider in your home or a large spider infestation, it’s wise to contact a spider exterminator immediately. While most spiders typically prefer not to cross paths with people, some may bite you if they feel cornered or if they have egg sacs they’re protecting. Even walking into an unsuspecting web, may cause a spider to bite.
How Do You Know If You Need an Exterminator?
Most homeowners will experience their fair share of spiders. Some spider problems can be easily managed by yourself but others should be handled by a professional. If you’re on the fence about whether or not you should contact an exterminator, here are some signs to help.
- You fear the safety of yourself and your family
- You’ve spotted a dangerous, venomous spider
- You or someone has been bitten by a spider
- You have an alarming number of spiders
- There are several cobwebs and spider webs
- You’ve tried everything else
The best way to get rid of spiders is to help prevent them from entering in the first place.
- Make sure your home is free of clutter
- Seal cracks and gaps with caulk and apply weatherstripping for doors and windows.
- Ensure the screens on your windows and doors are tight-fitting
- Keep shrubs and plants trimmed so they aren’t touching your home
- Vacuum regularly
- Consider using yellow light bulbs to help deter insects that spiders prey on
- Eliminate woodpiles, rock piles, and other outdoor debris
- Clean under furniture
- Use a broom to wipe away webs, paying special attention to the corners of walls & ceilings
Spiders are predators, preying on mosquitos, cockroaches, flies, and other insects. So another part of preventing spiders is eliminating their food source. Professional pest control companies, like us at Interstate Pest Management, have the tools, understanding, and experience to effectively take care of your spider problem. We’ll thoroughly inspect your home, inside and out, treat the infestation, and help prevent it from returning, guaranteed! So give us a call today if you’re experiencing a spider problem of any size!